Are you taking the IStructE Chartered Member exam in January 2017? If so we might be able to help you with your revision for the big day.
We are soon to launch an IStructE exam preparation mentoring service over Skype, and we have space for two trial candidates. You will benefit from a significantly reduced price in exchange for your detailed feedback to help us finalise the service.
The trial will be performed by Bob Wilson CEng FIStructE, a marker and question setter for the real exams. He has been guiding candidates through the exam over several years and is willing to pass on this experience to our readers.
During this trial programme, you have an initial Skype call and you will attempt to answer 3 full questions (we choose them – it's good exam practice!) and receive feedback over Skype for each part over 7 sessions. Each session lasts approximately 45 minutes. The trial programme will be the following:
- Initial call, introductions, set Q1 section 1
- Feedback on Q1 section 1, set Q1 section 2
- Feedback on Q1 section 2, set Q2 section 1
- Feedback on Q2 section 1, set Q2 section 2
- Feedback on Q2 section 2, set Q3 section 1
- Feedback on Q3 section 1, set Q3 section 2
- Feedback on Q3 section 1, final advice from Tutor.
Please be aware of the following:
- We will only consider those with 4 or more years of post-graduation structural engineering experience
- Trial candidates must already have passed the Professional Review Interview.
- Details of the method of payment will be provided to the trial candidates we take on board.
- Feedback provided during the exam preparation service may not reflect your actual result. We cannot be held liable for any failed results in your actual Chartered Member Examination.
If you are interested, please contact us using our online form or by email to admin[at]thestructuralexam.com with the subject “Trial IStructE Exam Preparation Candidate” and introduce yourself to us. Results for the application for trials will be notified by Sunday 27th November 2016.
If you can, please also answer the following in your email:
- Your telephone number, including country code e.g. +44 (0)7123 456789
- Have you taken the IStructE Chartered Member examination before?
- If yes, please provide your detailed feedback from the IStructE.
- What position do you hold at work? What kind of structural tasks do you perform? If you have a CV or Linkedin profile that you can share with us this will really help.
- If you can, please send us your completed Core Objective 2.1 “Conceptual Design” submission from your portfolio. This will help us gauge your experience and suitability to take the exam.
We hope you will see value in this opportunity and that we can help you successfully prepare for one of the toughest exams you will ever take!